cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Reimporting A New Quiz

Jump to solution

The documentation about not being able to reimport a quizzes.next quiz (New Quiz) needs to be improved.

I couldn't find it in the main documentation and as far as I can tell it only exists in the FAQ for New Quizzes. And even then it doesn't offer a solution. It only says that you can't reimport one and doesn't offer any kind of work around. Between a few of us we spent probably half of a work day trying to figure this out. The Canvas support person who helped us didn't understand that you can't export a New Quiz like a Classic Quiz and then could only suggest that we manually enter in the changes.

We have one Master shell for all of our lab shells. I worked up a New Quiz and everyone imported it. Afterwards we discovered some problems and I edited it in the Master shell, but nobody could get the new version. There isn't a warning or anything when you try to import it. From a user perspective importing appears to work until you go to the quiz and see that it didn't work.

After much smashing of foreheads on the desktop, we figured out that you have to duplicate the quiz and then import the "new" New Quiz. So please-

1. Do something to make this information easier to find. I only happened upon it in the FAQ page where it's mentioned that you can't reimport changes.

2. Add the work-around to the problem.

3. Let the support people know about it.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Alan,

Thanks for your feedback. We've passed this information to our documentation team!

Erin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Alan,

Thanks for your feedback. We've passed this information to our documentation team!

Erin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

When you initially import the quiz are the questions visible? I am having the problem when I copy a new quiz from one course to another it brings the quiz and the title but none of the questions. I have to add them back manually from the item bank and then reset all of the point values and I have to do this for every class that I use the quiz in. 

0 Kudos