cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Releases Q&A: 2021-06-19 New Quizzes Item Banks

Looking to discuss this feature from the 2021-06-19 Release Notes? Post a reply and start a conversation!

POSTING GUIDELINES
  • This topic is for feature discussion only—please share use cases, best practices, etc. regarding this feature
  • Please thread replies as much as possible to keep posts organized
  • Feedback to product managers about idea enhancements should be submitted in ideas.canvaslms.com (though linking to the idea here so others can find it is welcome)
  • Bug reports for this feature should be submitted to Canvas Support—bugs will not be triaged in this thread

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Cheri_Hamilton
Surveyor

So far, I have been unable to access the Item Banks at any level using the Item Bank tab in the Account or Course menu. Yesterday, I received the cute little Rocket Ship 503- Service Temporarily Unavailable error.

Cheri_Hamilton_0-1623356750982.png

Today, I am getting a 500 error (not as cute, but I think it's an improvement).

Cheri_Hamilton_2-1623356918405.png

I am able to get further in the process though. I will keep working at it. Just wanted to update anyone who was trying it out in Beta. Also wanted to see if anyone else has more success with it.

snugent
Lamplighter II

I was getting the message @Cheri_Hamilton is getting last week. I tried this morning and I can get to item banks via a quiz but not from the course menu link. From the course menu link I am still getting a 500 error. 

snugent
Lamplighter II

Will the question metadata and search feature within an item bank be included in upcoming release? I really hate losing features. 

SuSorensen
Instructure
Instructure

@snugent 

Old functionality: you will still have the same features as currently; where it is possible to search within an item bank for metadata/ tags. Note that Beta environments do not support the question filtering in an Item Bank. 

New functionality: It will additionally be possible to search for an item bank by bank name.  I understand that it would be useful to search for an item banks by meta data but that isn't in this initial release. 

You already know snugent, but for anyone else who visits this Release discussion, additional details can be found here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/The-Canvas-tl-dr/Coming-Soon-to-New-Quizzes-Item-Banks-Management...