Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Respondus Lockdown Browser and Quizzes LTI

Jump to solution

Our school has a site license for Respondus Lockdown Browser/Monitor, and this tool is heavily utilized by our faculty.  As Beta testers, we did expect that RLDB would not work with Respondus due to its very nature, but what we did not expect was that Respondus had reached out to Instructure quite a while ago to start collaborative development of an integration that would work, and yet Instructure has not come back to that table (According to Respondus).

When can we anticipate that work will start on a new  RLDB integration?

Thank you,

Kelley

24 Replies

@rswengel 

Quizzes.Next User Group‌ is the best place to find consolidated links for Quizzes.Next.  Releases are now included in Canvas Release Notes and the guides are integrated into Canvas Guides.  The Quizzes.Next Feature Comparison document is very helpful in showing how close to parity the priority is.  When it comes to Respondus though, I still do not have a strong answer for you- the development will be dependent on them.

dbrace
Explorer III

Our institution has been a Canvas customer since January 2018.  Our Online Learning Department worked with Canvas and our Information Technology Department for Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 to setup our Canvas environment, to teach ourselves how to use Canvas, and then to teach a group of early adopter instructors.  We started to use Canvas for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 with a limited number of instructors and courses as we continued to train more instructors.  We started to exclusively use Canvas with our Summer 2019 semester.

We have not used Quizzes.Next in either non-production or production environments.

We are not currently a subscriber to any virtual proctor solutions but we are in the process of evaluating a few possibilites.

Does anyone know if there are any other Respondus Lockdown Browser or Respondus Monitor alternatives that are currently compatible with Quizzes.Next?

I thank you in advance.

My understanding is that there are not any proctor solution integrations with Quizzes.next at this time. I asked some people on the quizzes.next team at the conference and was told they do not expect it to be integrated for at least another year. Our nursing faculty were very excited to move to quizzes.next to take advantage of aligning outcomes to individual questions but have backed out as they couldn't give up the proctoring functionality.

wezza_apac
Instructure
Instructure

@ebarrios :

We wanted to let you know that Respondus and Instructure have completed the integration between Canvas’ New Quizzes and LockDown Browser. The integration was released on July 21, 2020.
Your Respondus admin should have received an email from Respondus in relation to this.

If you have technical questions, please don’t hesitate to submit a ticket at https://support.respondus.com