cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lshulman
Community Participant

Score does not populate immediately

Jump to solution

When I grade the essay answers and then hit "update", I do not see the score automatically transfer into the gradebook (using Speed grader) (as it does with the old quizzes). I have to hit "update" a second time to get it to take.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SuSorensen
Instructure
Instructure

I can confirm that @wendy4 is correct, the page is not dynamically refreshing and to see updated scores you'll need to refresh the page.  It sounds like the initial team working on this anticipated a different workflow process and didn't realize you may keep that page up.

We do have a ticket to address this in the backlog.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
jryter1
Community Participant

I saw that as well when i regraded a question. I couldn't tell if it updated and was taking a minute to update. I ended up clicking twice from impatience and make sure it regraded. I kind of think it works the first time.... but?

Jarral

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Laura,

Curious to know if you were able to try this behavior again and got the score to stick on the first attempt?

Erin

lshulman
Community Participant

No, after that one/first attempt using Quizzes Next, I have avoided using it again! Will not bother with Quizzes Next until the bugs are worked out and it becomes our only option (Classic Quizzes is retired).

At this point, I don't see any value for me to use Quizzes Next.

BSS
Community Participant

I often have to click "Update" as many as 4 or 5 times before the score populates to the gradebook area. It never happens on the first try. This is when grading initially or regrading.

@erinhmcmillanI previously had found that two clicks of the update button were consistently required to shift the new score into the speedgrader grade box.  However, in my latest new quizzes it seems that there is no number of clicks that will transfer the score.  Thankfully, it does appear when I return to grades.  It would be helpful to see the transfer so that I could tell the grade had updated correctly without flipping back and forth between grades and speedgrader.

kirsten_ryall
Community Participant

@erinhmcmillan Hi Erin, I have also found that I must click more than once in Speedgrader to be confident that the grade has updated in gradebook. Updating points on the left doesn't seem to be reflected in the sidebar/'grade box' (right hand side) until at least two clicks are completed. It may be that gradebook is updated after one click but it does not 'appear to' in Speedgrader. I've also noticed that the score does not update in the sidebar when moving between students in Speedgrader. The behaviour seems inconsistent to me.

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Is this behavior something that anyone has reported to Canvas support? They can check this out and see what is happening if you can let them know.

Thank you!

Erin

@erinhmcmillanI assumed it was already being worked on but here's a ticket: 06933814

kirsten_ryall
Community Participant

Happy to log a ticket too if required. Just let me know. Two clicks are required on Update button when in Speedgrader to get the score to update on the right hand side. But if I do just the one click, then move back to gradebook, gradebook will have the updated score. If I then return to Speedgrader, it will have updated there as well.