Top Navigation menu under construction from 9:30am to 4:30pm MDT. For more information or tips for finding Community content, click here.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnpj
Community Contributor

Scoring in a multiple answer question

Jump to solution

The scoring for multiple answer question in Quizzes.Next works almost the opposite it does in the existing Quizzes tool. In Q.Next if you don't select all the correct distractors you get 0 points; In the exiting quiz tool you get partial credit if you mark at least one correct distractor. Do you anticipate that the tool will eventually enable the instructor to determine how the scoring is calculated for partially correct answers? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi johnpj‌,

Yes, in the future a multiple answer question will allow for partial credit to be awarded.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi johnpj‌,

Yes, in the future a multiple answer question will allow for partial credit to be awarded.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi johnpj.  I am reviewing older Quizzes.Next questions to determine if updates are appropriate.  I see that Kevin responded in February but there has been no posts to this thread since this time.  I am not sure if you have seen it, but Kevin also posted a discussion for feedback on a multiple answer feature here, Scoring Multiple Answer questions.  If you haven't visited this page, there is some great discussion in the thread and you may want to add your insight as well.  Considering Kevin's response, I am going to mark his post as correct but this would not prevent further discussion here is desired.

Best wishes!