cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Students seeing general feedback immediately in quizzes next

I have been using quizzes next for some months now but I have just found out that when using the essay question option the general feedback I have put in is not seen by the students after they submit the quiz. Is there are reason for this as I had been using this feature with great success, as a teaching tool in the old quizzes? Is the option likely to be made available?

5 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi maree.somerville2@det.nsw.edu.au.  This is a good question.  I know that the aim of Quizzes.Next developers is to bring Q.N and the classic quiz engine to feature parity.  However, I don't know about parity when it comes to details of features such as the appearance of general feedback versus that of a correct/incorrect response.

I would contact Canvas Support with this if you haven't already done so.  It is possible that the expectation is that general feedback in both quiz engines work the same and that what you noticed is a bug.  If Support indicates the question is working as designed, you could submit a feature request for general feedback to show up immediately.  In case you haven't submitted a feature idea, these documents may help: How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?  and https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14904-75187841184 I can see the value in having the general feedback for an essay question being immediately visible to students.

All the best!

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi maree.somerville2@det.nsw.edu.au  I was looking through older Quizzes.Next questions and saw this post.  Did you contact Canvas Support about the issue you were facing?  If so I was wondering what insight they were able to provide.

Thanks for the update!

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi maree.somerville2@det.nsw.edu.au.

We haven't heard from you in a while so I thought I would check in and see if you were able to find a resolution to the problem you reported. I am going to go ahead and mark this as "assumed answered" for now, but this can be changed if needed and marking the question as assumed answered doesn't prevent continued discussion in the thread.

All the best!

?Hi Eric,

It still does not seem to show the general response to essay questions just after the students have submitted the quiz.

I have checked settings and cannot find out how to do trigger this as it was a great tool in the old quizzes .

Maree Somerville

Southern Cross School of Distance Education

Phone: 02 66 810 305 (Tuesday & Thursday)

maree.somerville2@det.nsw.edu.au<mailto:maree.somerville2@det.nsw.edu.au>

Hi maree.somerville2@det.nsw.edu.au  You might consider contacting Canvas Support to see if they have any insight into the issue.  If it is unexpected behavior they could look into a fix and if this functionality is known not to exist at this time, it may be worth a feature idea so that we can vote it up.

Thanks for the update!