cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Units for numerical and formula questions

Hi all,

This is prob a duplicate, but will there be any options in the future to add units to the formula/numeric question types? At the moment I’m left telling my students not to enter units just the number (which is obviously not great for science questions. Cheers. 

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rbaker@sscc.qld.edu.au  This has come up a number of times as a feature idea in relation to the classic quiz engine, such as here https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10694 (you may need to request access to archived questions to view this).  However, I don't see an idea in relation to Quizzes.Next. You could submit a feature idea for this functionality.  This process is discussed here, How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community? There is a link to create a feature idea on the right-side of this page, Canvas Studio .  I do know that the Quizzes.Next developers have mentioned that their primary effort now is to add features to Quizzes.Next to bring it up to parity with features in classic quizzes.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rbaker@sscc.qld.edu.au.  I have been going back to older Q.Next questions to see if updates are possible.  Did you add a feature idea for the functionality discussed earlier?  If so I was planning to vote it up.  Thanks for the update!

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rbaker@sscc.qld.edu.au.

There hasn't been any updates to this thread in a while, so I am going to go ahead and mark this as "assumed answered" for now, but this can be changed if needed and marking the question as assumed answered doesn't prevent continued discussion in the thread.  

All the best!