cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltscal2
Learner II

What is the extent that external tools can be used?

As we are not using quizzes 2 (nor in the immediate future), I cannot remember if this was in beta.
Im assuming that you can create a quiz bank with external tool but how about individual questions? Is this possible?
A faculty asked us today if you could link individual question to an external tool. But looking at hte features and question set I am not seeing this option.

6 Replies

@Renee: oh sorry, can you or a moderator please move it? Thank you!

Moved Smiley Happy

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ltscal2 ,‌ I am a fairly new user of the new Quizzes LTI tool, but was interested in your question and was going to test it out.  What is an example of an external tool that one of your faculty members may want to link to an individual question? Thanks!

kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @ltscal2 ,

Sorry for the late response here.

You can create individual questions within an assessment or within an item bank, which you access via an assessment. It is not possible to link directly to a question by itself.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ltscal2 .  I am reviewing older Quizzes.Next questions to see if any updates are appropriate.  I know that this was posted a while ago and see that Kevin with Instructure posted a response.  Did this answer your question?  Since there has been no updates to the thread since Kevin's response in February, I am going to go ahead and mark the question as "assumed answered".  You can change one of the response to "correct" if you would like.  Marking the question as "assumed answered" or one of the responses as correct doesn't impact the ability to continue the discussion in the thread if appropriate.

Best wishes!