Why are there two different grades for an assignment quiz?

Jump to solution
spudicmx
Community Explorer

When I create a new quiz, I am asked for points in the assignment. However, there is an entirely different amount of points in the "New Quiz build" area. I just gave a 54 point quiz, however the scores show "0", because I accidentally set the assignment grade to zero points.

Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ryan_corris
Community Contributor

Hey @spudicmx!

While it may take some getting used to, I find this feature helpful actually.  For an example of how this can be helpful, let's say I wanted to create a 15 question quiz with each question having the same weight and I wanted the quiz to be worth 20 points.  Since Classic Quizzes use the total points for all the questions combined, I would have to calculate the point value for each question and then adjust the point value for each question to make the entire quiz worth 20 points.

With New Quizzes, I can set the point value of the quiz to 20 in the assignment editing window.  Then I can have any number of questions weighted however I want and the total points of the quiz is still 20.  If I want to add or remove a questions or two, the total points of the quiz still totals 20 points.

Hope you found this helpful.

View solution in original post