cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eric_orton
Community Contributor

Will the Quizzes LTI allow answer-specific feedback?

Jump to solution

In the legacy quiz engine, I can have a different feedback message for each distractor, addressing the mistake that distractor is designed to represent. I have many quizzes that take advantage of this. As best as I can tell, Quizzes.Next only allows one feedback message that applies to all wrong answers. Is there a way to create answer-specific feedback that I am missing? If not, is this coming, and when?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsparks
Instructure
Instructure

This feature is on our roadmap for development. There are a variety of features we have to implement for feature parity with the current assessment tool.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jsparks
Instructure
Instructure

This feature is on our roadmap for development. There are a variety of features we have to implement for feature parity with the current assessment tool.

View solution in original post

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @eric_orton .  I am reviewing older Quizzes.Next questions to determine if any updates are appropriate.  I see that there has not been a post to this thread since Jason's about a year ago where he indicated that response-specific feedback is on the road map for Quizzes.Next.  I just checked this document, How do I add feedback to an assessment question in Quizzes.Next?, and as you noted while one can leave a response for correct, incorrect, or the question in general, the best you could do in terms of feedback for each distractor would be to have a common response for wrong responses that indicates for each of these choices what you would like students to know.  In some situations it may be beneficial for students to know all of the incorrect responses but in other instances certainly not.  

I am going to go ahead and mark Jason's previous response as correct as it appears to provide a correct answer to your question.  This doesn't mean anything in terms of the priority of feature development and doesn't prevent anyone from continuing the discussion in this thread so I hope this is ok.

Thanks!