cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Will there be more advanced settings for when a student can view their quiz results?

In the current Quizzing tool the only options available are as seen in the screenshot below.

273040_pastedImage_1.png

Will these options be available in the new quizzing tool? Will there be any other options such as "when everyone has submitted students can see the correct answers" or "on a specific date" or "after the due date students can see the correct answers"? 

Another feature that would be incredible would be if a student does not answer a question, do not display the results until the instructor can review it. Otherwise a student gets all of the answers and may need to retake it. If a student gets kicked out due to technical issues or tries to cheat by lying and saying they were kicked out so they could view all the correct answers in hopes of retaking the exam.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi degroot@ntc.edu‌,

We will be building this feature in Quizzes.Next. Initially it will offer similar options as those presented in Canvas Quizzes. Enhancements are being planned for followup iterations, but I cannot say yet if they include some of the behavior you are asking about. Your feedback is appreciated -- there is a lot in your short post.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

Highlighted

Hey Kevin, 

I appreciate the response! Does it make sense to submit the specific feature of "Do not provide students with correct results if they do not answer all of the questions" as an idea that can be voted on or not?

Highlighted

Hi degroot@ntc.edu‌,

Yes, I think submitting that as an idea for community voting would be good. It's a bit outside of our current thinking so it helps to give folks the opportunity to share their use case. Since the behavior is scoped to the individual student (ie not relative to the submissions from other students) this is more feasible than some other requests we have.

I encourage you to keep these things in mind for this and other feature requests:

• We do read the requests and the number of votes isn't the only consideration, so don't be discouraged if it does not receive many votes.
  • No matter how popular the idea, it should fit with the bigger picture.
  • A clear statement of the problem you're experiencing goes a very long way in getting understanding from others. It also surfaces solutions that we don't think of when in the weeds.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

Highlighted

I will keep those things in mind when submitting the idea.

Thanks Kevin.

Jon DeGroot

Director of Flexible Learning

Northcentral Technical College

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! Just to catch up on this thread, options are available for restricting student results as outlined in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26428-how-do-i-manage-settings-for-an-assessment-in-new-qui... 

Thanks,

Erin

Highlighted
Community Member

Hey Erin! Thanks for following up.Unfortunately the functionality our faculty need is not available yet. We are looking for a way of limiting students to viewing the results only once after they complete the test. Ideally while they are viewing their results for that first time they would also still be proctored in person or through proctoring software such as respondus lockdown browser or honorlock. Can you confirm if this feature is being worked on? It is a feature currently available in classic quizzes. Kevin stated that they would be building the feature 2 years ago in a reply on this post. 

Thank you,

Jon DeGroot

Highlighted

Hi, Jon!

Like most of us, I'm standing by for our Quizzes team to announce their adjusted roadmap, so I'm not sure where that functionality is planned. Stay tuned? Timeline is posted directly in the home page for https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/quizzes 

Thanks,

Erin