APP NOT SUPPORTED. OTHER ALTERNATIVES

Jump to solution
vhlondhe
Community Member

have an almost High Schooler, and a rising middle schooler. We use Canvas for school, but the school DOES NOT support the app at all. so we must have access to the internet at all times to check what homework is due when it is due.

IS there an iphone app besides CANVAS itself, that I can import the homework feed to, and have the option to check off stuff as we get the work submitted? Some examples of these apps that exist include: Homework Pal, or Egenda The homework app....I'm not saying these are the apps it needs to be compatable with, but IS THERE ANY app that it's compatable with similar to these? Something I can just import into instead of reentering everything in?

The Other reason I want to be able to check it off is because all assignments that are on external sites such as IXL and iready do not get checked off right when the assignment is submitted. It must be checked off by the teacher.  As a Parent, it would seem as if these assignments are incomplete. I know my kids get annoyed when they have to explain it about each assignment not checked off.

As far as features, I'm just looking for due dates to be put in, and a check box to be able to check off what is completed already. That's it...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @vhlondhe ,

I think your best bet is to access Canvas on your iPhone using Safari (or any web browser).  Beyond that, I believe you'd have to coordinate with your school district for any sort of integration with a different app. 

Have you tried to download and use the Canvas app?  I'm not aware that schools can turn off access to the App for their school's Canvas courses.  (I could be very wrong about this.)  Perhaps what they meant by "not supporting the app" is that they won't help with users setting it up. But it may work, regardless. 

View solution in original post