cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Assignments marked done/submitted

As a parent observer (linked to student account) it would be nice to see from our end if our child has submitted an assignment or has done/completed it.  As of right now, we just see the assignments, but only know if they've received credit once it has been graded.  I have attached a screenshot of my child's assignments from yesterday that she completed, but this is what it still shows on my end.

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I have the same issue.  Would love to see this fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

same here.. 

I am using the api and would like an endpoint that shows if an assignment is missing/submitted for a given student id

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Yes! As a parent observer, how can we tell if the student completed/submitted the assignment? Would be very helpful for it to show us that their assignment has been submitted / not yet submitted / missing etc.... 

Highlighted
Surveyor II

YES!!!! Can I give lifetime Kudos to this idea just to get this implemented?! on both the app and the website. a column on the "Grades" page that says submitted or not submitted would make a world of difference. I have 3 kids in all different grades so not having this  makes it 100x more difficult to make sure everyone has everything done.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Have been struggling with Canvas online and only realised tonight there is an app. I just downloaded it and already prefer it although still not entirely simple and intuitive.

However so far and I found the following....

click on "calendar"

select date and a list of classes will show

to the left of each is a symbol with a page and pen - click on that

it then shows status of that assignment e.g. not submitted/submitted etc

A bit lengthy I know but best I have found so far. Hope it helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted

that sounds like one of the most cumbersome methods to use.  I have 4 kids and I can't go hunting down every assignment within every single class for each student and click on every single item like that... 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Everyone -

The image that was shared in the original post is a view of Modules. The best way to look at the submission/activity status on the Browser is through the Grades page. There is lots of information included status, comments, score, and feedback.

How do I view the Grades page for a student as an observer? 

As @lonergani shared, the Canvas Parent app is the best way to get an at-a-glance perspective of your week, especially if you're observing multiple students.

There are some other things you can do to help organize the observed classes including adding your student names to notifications, color-coding, and nicknames.

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an observer? 

Clarity for Canvas Observers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having the same issue.  On the computer as an observer, I can't see whether an assignment is done, at all.  So I checked the app, and every single assignment says "not submitted."  I asked my son to show me his completed work and his screen clearly shows what is done by crossing out the work that's been submitted.  The observer accounts need this capability.  

Highlighted
Surveyor II

I am also having the same issues on both the computer and parent app.  My son submits an assignment, it shows as submitted on his computer. Yet it still says unsubmitted on my computer AND the parent app.  Also, it is super convenient on the student calendar that it crosses off submitted assignments.  Why can this not be added to the parent calendar?

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors