cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Student Calendar

It doesn't look like the teachers are using the calendar function in Canvas.  So, I went ahead and entered her classes in her own Canvas calendar with links to the Zoom meetings.  When I log in to my Canvas parent account, I cannot see my daughter's calendar.  I only see the teachers/courses - which are blank?

Any ideas?  (i've already added her calendar to my google calendar)  Was hoping for a way to add other classes, etc from within Canvas - without using her school Chromebook.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

HI @Mozi  -

The Calendar is used whenever a teacher creates an item with a submission date or an event. Double-check that these are enabled in view for her. How do I use the Calendar as a student? 

When you created items for your daughter's calendar, those were added to her personal calendar within Canvas. Unfortunately, those are for her, and are not seen by Observers.

Can you double-check your calendar settings too? How do I use the Calendar as an observer? Your experience will also be different from the browser to the Canvas Parent app. 

If you have any follow-up questions, please reply! Feel free to add the @klundstrum mention so I see the nudge in my inbox. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@klundstrum  related to student calendars within the Parent version of the Canvas App. Can it be modified to show more than 10 calendars? I have 3 kids in elementary school and I love the app except for that limitation in the calendar feature. It is annoying when looking at any given day in their calendars, that I have to uncheck some calendars just to get others to appear. I admit I have "mom brain," so I'll forget what I just saw on the schedule a second before and have to do a lot of clicking back and forth. Then I have to repeat the process for the next two children's calendars. I know our school system recently modified the settings in the Canvas browser version to show 20 calendars, but they informed me they couldn't do this with the App, that I would have to reach out to the Canvas developers instead. I love the app and prefer it over the browser, so I'm hoping you can work on this update to the calendars -- can the calendar be updated to show 20 calendars or a "show all" option. Thanks so much for anything that will keep me and other parents sane in virtual learning!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @annraewacha - However many calendars are selected on the web should show up in the app. However, it does max out, even when using the Canvas Student app as an Observer. Have you tried the Canvas Parent app? I love that you can look at one student at a time and that the calendar view is broken down into weeks. It's also really easy to switch between students and to set custom alerts for each student. What is the Canvas Parent app? 

0 Kudos