Student Calendar

Jump to solution
Mozi
Community Member

It doesn't look like the teachers are using the calendar function in Canvas.  So, I went ahead and entered her classes in her own Canvas calendar with links to the Zoom meetings.  When I log in to my Canvas parent account, I cannot see my daughter's calendar.  I only see the teachers/courses - which are blank?

Any ideas?  (i've already added her calendar to my google calendar)  Was hoping for a way to add other classes, etc from within Canvas - without using her school Chromebook.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

HI @Mozi  -

The Calendar is used whenever a teacher creates an item with a submission date or an event. Double-check that these are enabled in view for her. How do I use the Calendar as a student? 

When you created items for your daughter's calendar, those were added to her personal calendar within Canvas. Unfortunately, those are for her, and are not seen by Observers.

Can you double-check your calendar settings too? How do I use the Calendar as an observer? Your experience will also be different from the browser to the Canvas Parent app. 

If you have any follow-up questions, please reply! Feel free to add the @KristinL mention so I see the nudge in my inbox. 🙂

View solution in original post