Submission Failure

LKNParent
Community Novice

We have been trying to solve my daughter's Canvas issues for over a year. For every assignment, she submits the assignment per the standard submission process. For every assignment, she will get the submission receipt which shows "Submitted!" with a date and time as well as a "Resubmit Assignment" will appear. Many of these submissions never make it to the teacher and the teacher will show the same assignment as missing and it will also show as missing in my Parent Observer account. The school insists there is nothing wrong with Canvas. There is definitely something wrong. For every assignment, in addition to the Canvas submission process, we have to email the assignment and the submission screenshot to the teacher in order for to get credit. The school has gone as far as to claim that my daughter is "doctoring" the screenshots, which is absolutely ridiculous. We are emailing every assignment the day it is due, so zero reason to doctor anything, even if we knew how to do such a thing. All I want is for her Canvas account to work. Oh, and she cannot email the assignments to her teacher because her emails will not send to her teachers with attachments consistently, so I, the parent, has to send them all. Please help!!