How do I change my privacy settings in Canvas Student ePortfolios?

You can update your Canvas Student ePortfolios account privacy settings to allow or prevent other users and employers from viewing your profile, enable or disable cookies and analytics, and download a copy of your data.

Note: Changing the privacy settings for your profile does not automatically change the privacy settings for your projects. You may want to update your project privacy settings in addition to your account privacy settings. 

Open Settings

Open Settings

To open your user settings, click the Me icon in the toolbar [1], and then click the Settings link [2].

Open Privacy

Open Privacy

In Account Navigation, click the Privacy link.

View Profile Privacy Settings

View Profile Privacy Settings

Overall privacy for your profile currently includes two options:

• Only allow people I'm connected with to view my profile [1]: When this option is selected, only people you have fully connected with will be able to view your profile. Pending connections and users you are not connected with will not be able to view your profile. When this option is not selected, all Canvas Student ePortfolios users will be able to view your profile.
  • Prevent employers from contacting me and finding my profile [2]: When this option is selected, employers will not be able to find your profile or contact you. When this option is not selected, employers will be able to view your profile and contact you about potential job opportunities.

To enable either option, select the checkbox next to the desired privacy setting. To disable either option, deselect the checkbox next to the desired privacy setting.

Share Private Profile

Share Private Profile

When your profile is set to private [1], you can still share it with others by providing the public share link [2].  

Note: Anyone with access to this link will be able to view your profile.

View Website Data Collection Details

View Website Data Collection Details

The Website Data Collection section includes information about required and functional cookies, as well as analytics. To view more information about a section, click the Plus icon to expand the secion.

Edit Analytics Settings

Edit Analytics Settings

The Analytics section provides information about how Canvas Student ePortfolios collects and reports data to help improve the user experience. When analytics are enabled, Canvas Student ePortfolios will collect information about your usage of the website and send information back to Canvas Student ePortfolios. By default, Analytics are enabled. To disable analytics for your account, deselect the Enable analytics checkbox.

Download Your Data

Download Your Data

In the Download Your Data section, you can request a download of your data to keep for your records or to use in another service. To start the data download process, click the Submit a request link. When your data is ready to download you will receive an email. Return to this page to download your data.

Note: Data download files are only available for 14 days.

Update Privacy Settings

Update Privacy Settings

To save changes to your privacy settings, click the Update Privacy Settings button.