A Grade Not showing

Jump to solution
wasileh_petronu
Community Novice

Hi, In my Epi course  (6321 Epidemiology, Sectio 401), I have finished grading an assignment (CDC case analysis). After I posted the grades to students, I still find ONE grade for a student named (Kavita) that is NOT showing and shaded in green.  I also still receive a notification that I have 1 ungraded CDC assignment.

Can you please check that and have the grade posted?? I like to know what is the problem by sending me an answer to my UTA email wasileh.petronustas@uta.edu. 

Dr. Wasileh Petro-Nustas

wasileh.petronustas@uta.edu. 

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @wasileh_petronu  - You may not be aware of this, but you posted your question to the world-wide Canvas Community, where we exchange information and best practices regarding the Canvas learning management system.  Therefore, we have no access to your course site.  It sounds like this was a message you intended to sent to your institutions' support.  That said, you mentioned enough that I may have an answer for you.

A green color in the gradebook, unless the status colors were changed by you in the gradebook, by default indicates an assignment was resubmitted.  (You can read what those colors mean here: How do I use the icons and colors in the Gradebook? )  And in this case, the behavior you describe is exactly what occurs when a student resubmits an assignment; Canvas "thinks" you need to grade it.  Again.  How you want to handle this is up to you at this point, but be aware that students can always re-submit an assignment--yes, even after it was graded--so long as the assignment was created without an Until date in its options.  (Which, by the way, is covered here: What is the difference between assignment due dates and availability dates? )  

The main solution for you is to head to SpeedGrader in Canvas, which by default will show you the most recent submission by the student, assuming my hunch is correct.  There will be drop-down menu towards the top--illustrated under the Evaluate Multiple Submissions heading on this page--where you can view the previous submission, as well.  In fact, you will likely see a small link near the text box where you can input a grade that says Use this same grade for the resubmission.  Doing this should solve the issue.

Hope this helps, Wasileh.  If not, as I mentioned you may want to reach out to your local Canvas support.  It looks like this is a good starting point: Canvas - The University of Texas at Arlington  .

View solution in original post

0 Likes