cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

A wider content page?

Jump to solution

I am embedding a flash file on a page (it's an entire course exported from Adobe Captivate).  It looks best at it's original resolution of 965x800.  When I embed this on a page it gets shrunk down to fit into the content div, making it's text difficult to read.

If I link to an html page in my files ,which has the flash file embedded on it, it can display at the correct size, but then the main content page has scroll bars (because the page is larger than the div it is in).

Is there anyway to make that main content section wider?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Nick,

If you are embedding the file on a wiki Page, then no, you cannot make the page wider.  These pages are coded to a certain width and cannot be changed.  I would recommend doing what you state in your second paragraph and linking to the file or adding it to a Module.

Robbie

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Nick,

If you are embedding the file on a wiki Page, then no, you cannot make the page wider.  These pages are coded to a certain width and cannot be changed.  I would recommend doing what you state in your second paragraph and linking to the file or adding it to a Module.

Robbie

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Robbie,

Our web designer is asking for the width of the main content pages (home, syllabus, etc.).  Where can I find that information?  Our URL is hbsp.instructure.com.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Jacqueline,

I don't think there is a "set" width.  It depends on screen resolution and browser size.   If you have text that extends across the width of the page, it will wrap automatically when you reduce the size of the browser.  There does seem to be a limit to when the wrapping will stop. I'm not sure of the exact measurements on that one.

You could always use div tags to limit the width of your page.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels