AADSTS650056: Misconfigured application

Jump to solution
zukkaus
Community Novice

Good morning,

I am trying to setup SSO with Azure AD. I followed the instructions step by step. However, I receive the error "AADSTS650056: Misconfigured application". I checked:

- "Identifier (Entity ID" is HTTP and NOT HTTPS

- I read from a couple of posts that entering the wildcard (*) solved some problems, but azure doesn't allow wildcards saying "Wild Cards * are not supported"

- Thumbprint, App Federation Metadata Url, Login URL, Azure AD Identifier and Logout URL match the Canvas auto-population.

Now, I am only using the "test" URL, and not the production one. The Production URL has not been entered since we don't want to lockout students. 

Also, how do observers access the Canvas site if they don't have an Office 365 account? Should I just leave the option 2 enabled?

I would really appreciate some guidance. I don't know where else to look to have the right answer and have this working properly.

Regards, 

Miguel 

0 Likes
1 Solution
zukkaus
Community Novice

I got my issue figured out. It seems that just trying the "test" environment as the reply URL does not work (or it is intended that way). Reading more in depth, Instructure provides a way to not get yourself locked out so I used the production environment URL and everything started working. The instructions seem to be accurate. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes