cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marthazumack
Learner II

Accept course invitations via API?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to accept course invitations via API? 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pklove
Learner II

Can you give a bit of context to what you are trying to do?

For example, are you wanting to accept your own invitations, or are you wanting to do something like make students who have been sent an invitation active without them having to accept the invitation?

If its the latter, you can simply enrol them again with: enrollment[enrollment_state]=active

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm not sure of the answer to this question, but I'm going to share this with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=9e4919d3-3ea6-4e72-9bd2-...‌ group in the Community to see if they can help. 

pklove
Learner II

Can you give a bit of context to what you are trying to do?

For example, are you wanting to accept your own invitations, or are you wanting to do something like make students who have been sent an invitation active without them having to accept the invitation?

If its the latter, you can simply enrol them again with: enrollment[enrollment_state]=active

View solution in original post

It was the latter - thank you.

For anyone coming across this thread in the future, note that endpoints for accepting and rejecting an invitation were added to the Enrollments API in January 2018.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @marthazumack ...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this particular topic since October 18, 2017.  I'm not completely sure, but it sounds like the help from pklove has helped to address your question.  If this is the case, please go ahead and mark Peter's reply as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please come back to this thread and post an update below so that we might be able to help you.  I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not had any new activity in this thread for about four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Martha.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.