cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Access to a file upon assignment submission.

Jump to solution

Can I make a file/page available to a student only after assignment has been submitted.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

glen.mulhearn@det.nsw.edu.au, yes, but it would require the use of requirements and possibly (depending on how you want to set it up) prerequisites. 

If you want it in one Module then you’d need to set the requirements for that Module so that the students had to submit the assignment and view the page, and that students must move through the content in order. 

If you want itnin two Modules then you’d have the assignment in one module and have it set as a requirement to submit. Then in the second module would be the page and the module settings that would include a prerequisite of having to finish the module before that (with the exam) before accessing the module with the page. 

Here are two guides to helo with this - 

How do I add requirements to a module? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13092-415241433 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Surveyor

glen.mulhearn@det.nsw.edu.au, yes, but it would require the use of requirements and possibly (depending on how you want to set it up) prerequisites. 

If you want it in one Module then you’d need to set the requirements for that Module so that the students had to submit the assignment and view the page, and that students must move through the content in order. 

If you want itnin two Modules then you’d have the assignment in one module and have it set as a requirement to submit. Then in the second module would be the page and the module settings that would include a prerequisite of having to finish the module before that (with the exam) before accessing the module with the page. 

Here are two guides to helo with this - 

How do I add requirements to a module? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13092-415241433 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post