cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beth_schlenker
Surveyor

Access to files I created and have used now not able to open the files

Jump to solution

All of a sudden, I am being denied access to PowerPoints that I created and put into Canvas.  I tried accessing PowerPoints that I used last semester and I am being denied access to those as well.  I get this response for each PowerPoint I try to open:  

"Sorry, PowerPoint can't read 1.1 Course Information.pptx."

What happened?

More importantly, how do I fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nevermind - it turned out it was a Microsoft problem after the latest update.  Just got a new update and everything is good now!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @beth_schlenker ...

You said, "accessing PowerPoints that I used last semester".  Can we infer from this that the PowerPoints are now in a new course?  Or are they in the same course that you used last semester.  If they are in a new course, how did you go about creating those links?  Did you use the Course Import Tool to copy course content?  Did you copy/paste links from last semester's course to the new course?  If you could provide some additional details about this, I think that would be helpful.  Thanks!

I'm using new material that I created for a course this fall.  I uploaded the ppts and I am getting the message that I do not have access to them.

I went back to last semester and tried opening ppts that I had used and I am getting the same message that I do not have access to them.

Hi  @beth_schlenker ...

That is super strange!  Could you please share a screen shot or two (being careful not to include any student names/grades/etc.) so we could see exactly what you are seeing?  Right now I'm thinking that this issue is going to require a call to the Canvas Help Desk folks, but let's see if a screen shot or two might be able to shed some light on things.  Thanks!

Attached are three screen shots.first shot2nd shot3rd shotI appreciate your help!

Nevermind - it turned out it was a Microsoft problem after the latest update.  Just got a new update and everything is good now!

View solution in original post