cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Access to pages

Jump to solution

My students cannot access pages in one of my courses in their assignments, but it used to be fine.  I have linked a page to every assignment.  It is greyed out on my assignment view, but I can click on it and see the page that is linked to it.  Students get an alert that says they have unauthorised access.  I'm not sure if it is a setting that I have accidentally turned on.  Have tried looking, but to no avail.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

gregg.donna.m@edumail.vic.gov.au​...

Are those Pages that you are linking to published?  Go to your "Pages" screen and make sure that the little cloud icon to the right of the page name is green instead of gray.  This would be one reason why students may not be able to view the content of the page when they click on a link from your Assignment instructions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

gregg.donna.m@edumail.vic.gov.au​...

Are those Pages that you are linking to published?  Go to your "Pages" screen and make sure that the little cloud icon to the right of the page name is green instead of gray.  This would be one reason why students may not be able to view the content of the page when they click on a link from your Assignment instructions.

View solution in original post

Yes thank you that is the reason, I didn’t even look at that as all my pages are were published before the holidays and now they are all unpublished, I don’t know how they got like that.

Community Member

Thank you for all the responses, the answer that my pages may not be published solved the problem, even though they were all published and used last year.  Perhaps I unpublished them before I went on holidays.