cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fisherct
Community Member

Accessibility issue for viewing feedback on papers

Jump to solution

When my students view their grades on papers, they often do not see the marginal comments I've spent a long time adding to their submission.  To see that, they need four mouse clicks (grades, assignment name, view feedback, full screen).  They often also have to click on the little pointer in the text to move the appropriate comment into view (if there are more comments on the page than fit on the screen).  For my students who have mobility issues, this requires too many clicks.  For all students, it is not intuitive and most of my students end up not getting their comments.  Is there a quicker way to get to the comments?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @fisherct  , and  @fisherct  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Your students can also simply click on the assignment title to open it, then click on Submission Detail in the upper right. Two clicks!

You might also want to Download the Canvas Keyboard Shortcut PDF for your students. Depending on mobility abilities, keyboarding may be easier than using a mouse.

I hope these help,

Kelley

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @fisherct  , and  @fisherct  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Your students can also simply click on the assignment title to open it, then click on Submission Detail in the upper right. Two clicks!

You might also want to Download the Canvas Keyboard Shortcut PDF for your students. Depending on mobility abilities, keyboarding may be easier than using a mouse.

I hope these help,

Kelley

View solution in original post

This seemed very exciting -- but I tried it -- you still need to click "View Feedback" to see the marginal comments and then make it full screen to be able to read them more easily.  Still four clicks.  Perhaps the confusion is on whether we're talking about the summative comment (which is easily viewable) or the "point annotation" that I add as marginal comments in the document.  Would love some guidance on this!  I would hate to have to stop using the point annotation.

cstaude
Surveyor

This didn't work. If the paper was sent to a plagiarism checker and then graded in Speed grader the marks are NOT available. I need help with this for my students. They can't see anything I put onto the paper, just the plagiarsm check