cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachel_franklin
Community Member

Accidental Import - HELP

Jump to solution

I need to restore my course to before I imported content. It overwrote several assignments and has impacted students grades and submissions. HELP!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @rachel_franklin  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I am sorry to hear that you are running into problems with an accidental course import.  The best thing to do in a case like this is to contact the Instructure Help Desk staff by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left side of your Canvas global navigation menu.  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?  They may be able to help you get your content restored.

The other thought I had for you was to possibly log in to your school's "Test" or "Beta" environments (these are separate environments from your school's "Production" environment that you normally log into).  From either of these environments, you may be able to export your course and then import it back into your "Production" environment course.  Though, as I am thinking about this, I'm not sure if this would be the best option...especially since it sounds like you've had students submit things to you and you've entered grades in your Gradebook.  So, I think I would first recommend that you reach out to Canvas Support to see if they would be able to help you get any of your course restored.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Rachel.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @rachel_franklin  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I am sorry to hear that you are running into problems with an accidental course import.  The best thing to do in a case like this is to contact the Instructure Help Desk staff by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left side of your Canvas global navigation menu.  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?  They may be able to help you get your content restored.

The other thought I had for you was to possibly log in to your school's "Test" or "Beta" environments (these are separate environments from your school's "Production" environment that you normally log into).  From either of these environments, you may be able to export your course and then import it back into your "Production" environment course.  Though, as I am thinking about this, I'm not sure if this would be the best option...especially since it sounds like you've had students submit things to you and you've entered grades in your Gradebook.  So, I think I would first recommend that you reach out to Canvas Support to see if they would be able to help you get any of your course restored.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Rachel.

View solution in original post