cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moseleya
Community Member

Accidentally reported an instructor's profile picture

Jump to solution

While viewing my instructor's profile on Canvas, I clicked on her picture and accidentally reported it as inappropriate. Does anyone know if there is any way to undo this? Will my instructor be notified that I have done this? I am unsure whether I should email her to explain. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you, moseleya, you just cracked me up and I needed that!

Bye the way, if nobody has told you yet,  Welcome  to the canvas community!

As far as I know, there is no way for you to undo it, but it will show up in your Canvas Admin's panel and they will review the terribly offensive, filthy  and disgusting image :smileylaugh: and either remove it or not. I have never tested this, but I don't think the reporter (you) is identified, perhaps somebody with a better understanding can chime in on that.

I guess what I am saying is, "Don't sweat the load!" Even if your Canvas Admin (and your teacher, if notified) are somehow a genetic blend of Megatron and Godzilla, how offended by this simple mistake could they be? As for me, I would much rather have my students exploring, poking into corners, and clicking on things in their LMS, and perhaps making harmless boo boos along the way, than the alternative of a student who is afraid to try.

I hope this helps,

Ageng K

View solution in original post

10 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you, moseleya, you just cracked me up and I needed that!

Bye the way, if nobody has told you yet,  Welcome  to the canvas community!

As far as I know, there is no way for you to undo it, but it will show up in your Canvas Admin's panel and they will review the terribly offensive, filthy  and disgusting image :smileylaugh: and either remove it or not. I have never tested this, but I don't think the reporter (you) is identified, perhaps somebody with a better understanding can chime in on that.

I guess what I am saying is, "Don't sweat the load!" Even if your Canvas Admin (and your teacher, if notified) are somehow a genetic blend of Megatron and Godzilla, how offended by this simple mistake could they be? As for me, I would much rather have my students exploring, poking into corners, and clicking on things in their LMS, and perhaps making harmless boo boos along the way, than the alternative of a student who is afraid to try.

I hope this helps,

Ageng K

View solution in original post

abunag
Learner II

Seriously, don't worry about it.  What happens is that it shows up in a queue for the administrator, they see there's nothing wrong, and clear the report.  As far as I'm aware, there's no way to undo it, but also the instructor is not notified and nothing should change.  In addition, the instructor and school admin aren't going to even know who submitted the report - they're anonymous.

Thanks,  @abunag ‌ I was not sure, and didn't find it important enough to find or set up a scenario to test, but I did enjoy the humor potential of the inquiry! Perhaps I'll report my office partner's profile pic as offensive, and let her find the report. Wait, I think I might like to live a couple years longer - scratch that idea!

I suspected that was the process from reading long, long ago in a galaxy far, far way!

Again, Thanks!

Agent K.

I'll be honest - this post reminded me to go clear the reports.  I hadn't done it in about 3 months.  Considering how we have our profile pics set up (auto-updated to match user's ID pics) the only thing in those reports are accidental clicks anyways.

But reporting my fellow admin's pics...hmm...wonder how long before someone besides me checked that queue...

Ah yes,  @abunag  I see your mind has an evil tendency like mine!

moseleya
Community Member

Thank you both,  @kmeeusen ‌ and  @abunag ‌, for your help! I can rest easy tonight knowing my professor of only two days doesn't think I view her harmless selfie as offensive Smiley Happy 

Hey moseleya, maybe it was offensive! I mean most profile pics, and especially those of teachers bear a stark resemblance to the very worst of drivers-license pics. Except any picture of Mrs. James in 4th grade. Ooo wah wee, I had such a crush on her!

We were very happy to relieve your anxiety!

Agent K

rake_9
Explorer II

I can relate! We had a student contact us with a similar question and once we FOUND the report, we were startled to find out how many obviously accidental clicks there were!

Rats,  @rake_9 ‌!

You are the second or third person to mention that, so I thinks it is time to go check my own report. Most of the time out faculty or students just contact us directly for something like that, but it may just be the tip of the iceberg!

Agent K