cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egomez48
Community Member

Accidentally reported my TA's profile picture

Jump to solution

Hello, I accidentally reported my TA's profile picture. I was searching around his profile in order to view his assignment. It was a total accident I did not read the 'Are you sure you want to report' option and clicked yes. So is there any way of undoing that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @egomez48 and welcome to the Canvas Community!  I have never run into this personally, but did a bit of testing and it appears that when a profile image is reported it is noted in a particular location where Canvas administrators can either approve, lock, or delete the profile image.  While added to the list of reported profile images, simply reporting the image doesn't appear to change the image itself.  So, there doesn't appear to be a way to undo the fact that it was reported, but  at least how we have Canvas set up, an administrator can re-approve the image but immediately no change is made to the profile picture.

I hope this helps and perhaps someone else has first-hand experience with this type of situation.

Best wishes!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @egomez48 and welcome to the Canvas Community!  I have never run into this personally, but did a bit of testing and it appears that when a profile image is reported it is noted in a particular location where Canvas administrators can either approve, lock, or delete the profile image.  While added to the list of reported profile images, simply reporting the image doesn't appear to change the image itself.  So, there doesn't appear to be a way to undo the fact that it was reported, but  at least how we have Canvas set up, an administrator can re-approve the image but immediately no change is made to the profile picture.

I hope this helps and perhaps someone else has first-hand experience with this type of situation.

Best wishes!

View solution in original post