cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billybob999
Surveyor

Accidentally reported my profs profile pic. Can they see?

Can they see if i reported their DP? Its gone now from their profile i cant see anything. Im worried they might fail me!m for accidentally reporting their pic!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Billybob999 ...

I don't think you have anything to worry about, to be honest.  When a profile picture is reported in Canvas, your school's local Canvas administrator can review the reported image and then either reject it or approve it.  Here is a Guide for administrators so you can see how this works: How do I manage profile pictures for users in an account?.

I hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

kyleeee_2k20
Surveyor

the same thing happened to me accidentally, would my instructor or local Canvas administrator for my school know that I did it? Or am I kept anonymous 

Hello there, @kyleeee_2k20 ...

I am a Canvas administrator at our Technical College, and I cannot find anything within our admin pages of Canvas that would identify who reported someone's profile picture.  I can only see that someone reported another person's profile picture for our review.  I do not know who the reporter would have been.  This is also confirmed in this Canvas admin Guide: How do I manage profile pictures for users in an a... - Canvas Community.  As you can see from the screen shots, it shows the admin the name of the person that was reported, but it does not show *who* reported it.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.