cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Accommodation compatibility questions

Are there text to speech software  compatible within canvas for the students that needed it. Also, the same question goes for a screen enlarger.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi wisuri.j@rhodesstate.edu,

There a large number of different types of screen readers available that will provide text to speech functionality. One of the most popular titles is JAWS from Freedom Scientific, for Windows. In a different life, my district had a site license for this software and used it extensively. Probably the best free screen reader, also for Windows, is a product called NVDA which can be found at: https://www.nvaccess.org/. There is also a screenreader that runs in the Chrome browser and on Chromebooks called ChromeVox. I haven't used it, but it seems fairly popular. On the Mac side, Apple VoiceOver in OSX is really quite good.  I am not nearly as familiar with screen enlargers but I know there are a few out there including builtin functionality in both Windows and Macs. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

wisuri.j@rhodesstate.edu‌, Randy gave you some great information. Also, the Accessibility within Canvas documentation is updated regularly.

Labels