cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Add existing assignments and quizzes to the Assignment section?

Since +/- 2 days I haven't been able to add existing assignments and quizzes to the Assignment section. In the Assignment section, when I click the + button to add an assignment, I no longer see the option to choose an assignment or a quiz that I already created. Until recently (if I remember correctly) this option was available.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

j.m.p.a.langedijk@hr.nl, greetings! It sounds like the course has been put into a “read only” state (ex: Concluded). Is this a course that has already finished? If so, then I’d check with the Canvas Admins at your school to see if this is something that’s done automatically at the end of a course. Or, if you have inadvertently clicked or changed something to conclude your course (course end date or term dates in settings). They should also be able to help you manage this issue and get you back to creating. 

Kona

Highlighted

Hi Kona, thanks for your reply. The courses (2 of them) haven't finished yet. They're still "live", we're able to upload and edit content. Also, as far as I can see, there are no end dates to these courses in settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That's super strange! I think I'd go ahead and submit this to Canvas Support to see if they can help figure out what the problem is. 

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

j.m.p.a.langedijk@hr.nl, sorry if this seems obvious, but I just want to rule it out. When you state, "In the Assignment section, when I click the + button to add an assignment," + Assignment button at the top of the page launches the assignment creation interface. Clicking on the + button within an assignment group is how instructors add existing assignments and quizzes to the assignment group. So if you're doing the latter, and are not able to add existing graded items to the assignment group, and have already ruled out what Kona has hypothesized, then a support ticket would be in order.

Highlighted

Hi Stefanie, thank you for thinking along. I'm indeed referring to the + button within an assignment group. I suppose I'll contact the support center.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

j.m.p.a.langedijk@hr.nl,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Robbie, 

Yes, I believe I found the information I was looking for. 

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels