cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewalker3
Community Member

Add students to different course

How do I add 4 students into my GT canvas course? It shows them in my regular Science Course since they are not technically GT students. However, they will be doing the same assignments/quizzes as the other GT students. 

Thanks! 

2 Replies
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @ewalker3 ! And a big Welcome to the Community. Smiley Happy You'll find a TON of resources here, so I'm excited you stopped by to join in the fun. Smiley Wink 

There are a couple ways to go about this, first and foremost, this guide shows you how to add students to your course. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10332-4152724200 

Bear in mind, you may not have the admin rights to do this. Depending on your institution (K-12 vs Hi-Ed) you'll approach this differently. K-12 likely won't be impacted as much unless you're using a Student Information System (SIS) to do grade passback, but for us in the Higher Education, we have to make sure we don't enroll any students in a course that they aren't registered for first in Our SIS. In the end, check with your School's Canvas Admin on what the proper protocol for your institution is. Smiley Happy 

Happy Canvasing!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @ewalker3 ...

I noticed that we have not heard from you since you first posted this question here in the Canvas Community on August 24th.  I wanted to check in with you to see if you've had the chance to review the feedback that you received from Deactivated user later that day.  Did Roxanne's response help to answer your question?  If it did, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you're still looking for some help with this question, please come back to this discussion topic to post a message below so that Community members can further assist you.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions/comments below related to your question.  I hope that's alright with you, Elizabeth.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.