cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhatchett
Community Member

Adding Courses

How do I add courses to canvas through the app?

Tags (2)
4 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rhatchett ‌ - Thanks for connecting with the Canvas Community. Are you a student or an instructor using a mobile app? Also, are you working with an iOS or Android device?

I also have this Q. Where is a list of the Courses offered & How do you add courses of interest?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello mtgetgo...

Many schools that utilize Canvas as their LMS (Learning Management System) opt to enroll their users (both students and instructors) via the school's SIS (Student Information System).  This process is usually assigned to a Canvas administrator or IT person at your school (who also has admin access) via SIS Import.  Basically, you can send many enrollments from your school's SIS into Canvas all at one time so that instructors do not have to manually enroll students in courses.  I know that  @klundstrum  had asked you if you are a student or an instructor, and it's not entirely clear yet which role you have at your school.  But in either case, if your school has chosen to go to the SIS route, then you would need to check with your school's Registration department to ensure that you are enrolled in one or more courses as a student or an instructor.  Then, depending on the rules that your Canvas admins have put in place, your enrollment information would be passed from the SIS to Canvas.  Of course, this is all speculation on my part, but similar processes happen at other schools, too.  Once your information has been sent to Canvas, then your courses would show up on your Canvas site and in your mobile app.  If you are logging in to Canvas via the web, you may need to go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" menu in Canvas to find your courses.  If you are a student, the course has to be "published" by your instructor in order for you and your classmates to gain access to it.

As a side note, I know you didn't ask about this, but i noticed that you only have the initials "M T" showing as your name here in the Community website.  Community Managers ask that you provide your full name in your profile so that we can identify who you are.  Please see the section on "Be you" in this document: What are the Canvas Community guidelines?

I hope I've helped to answer your question.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions...thanks!

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! I'm just returning to this conversation, making sure you get the answer you need! If you have a few minutes, it would be great to hear how you're doing. Smiley Happy