cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Adding Tags to a Discussion

Jump to solution

In Discussions, do you have the ability to add tags so you can sort and quickly find posts in the same discussions with the same topics and tags?  (I notice that you have the ability to add tags at the bottom of this "Ask a Question" form...)

Thanks

Sharon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

sharon_haupt@cuesta.edu

Welcome to the Canvas Community!!!

No, there is no tagging in Discussions within a Canvas course.

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

sharon_haupt@cuesta.edu

Welcome to the Canvas Community!!!

No, there is no tagging in Discussions within a Canvas course.

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for your response. Is there a place where I can add this suggestion for an enhancement request?

Thanks

Sharon

Sharon Haupt

Reference Librarian

Cuesta College Library

San Luis Obispo, CA 93403

805-546-3157

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello sharon_haupt@cuesta.edu...

Absolutely!!!  Much of the Feature Idea process can be found under the "Ideas" menu at the top of any page here in the Community.  Here are some documents that will be of help to you:

As these documents suggest, you'll want to search the Community for existing Feature Ideas that might already be out there so that you avoid duplication of ideas.  I did a quick search myself, and I came up with the following...all of which have been moved to Cold Storage‌:

I'm not sure if this Feature Idea, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1066-mentions-in-discussion-forums" modifiedtitle="true" title..., aligns with what you are asking above, but if it does, I would encourage you to vote on it and maybe even post a comment letting Instructure engineers know why this would be important for you to have in Canvas.

I hope that this information will be of help to you, Sharon.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels