cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acsiefert
Community Member

Adding a new instructor to my past canvas course

Jump to solution

How do I edit my course page from Fall 2017?  I would like to add the instructor that will be teaching this course in Fall 2018 to my past page, so that she can copy the content.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @acsiefert  Welcome to the Canvas Community (I'm just down the road from you in Fond du Lac at Moraine Park Technical College).  Thanks for posting your message.  If your school allows instructors to enroll people on their own, you may first need to go into your course "Settings" screen and change the end date of your course to some date in the future.  Make sure to save your changes, and then go to the "People" page of your course.  The "+ People" button should be there to allow you to add someone to your course.  If this button is not available, you'll need to talk with your school's local Canvas administrator to get this resolved (there are schools that don't allow for manual enrollments like this because they use their Student Information System to connect with Canvas to pass enrollment information from one system to another).  I hope this helps, Amanda!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @acsiefert  Welcome to the Canvas Community (I'm just down the road from you in Fond du Lac at Moraine Park Technical College).  Thanks for posting your message.  If your school allows instructors to enroll people on their own, you may first need to go into your course "Settings" screen and change the end date of your course to some date in the future.  Make sure to save your changes, and then go to the "People" page of your course.  The "+ People" button should be there to allow you to add someone to your course.  If this button is not available, you'll need to talk with your school's local Canvas administrator to get this resolved (there are schools that don't allow for manual enrollments like this because they use their Student Information System to connect with Canvas to pass enrollment information from one system to another).  I hope this helps, Amanda!

View solution in original post