cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Adding an app

Jump to solution

I would like to add the LockDown App to my course but it asks for a key and secret. How do I access this app? Does it require a purchase/subscription? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Team
Community Team

Welcome to the Canvas Community, mself@magnoliaheights.com! Yes, if you're referring to Edu App Center (LockDown Browser) , that app requires a subscription from Respondus. You can always navigate directly to the main site for the EduApps Center and filter the results by All Access | Open Access | Authenticated to see when an app requires a subscription--but generally speaking, when you're being asked for a key and secret, chances are there is a license cost associated with the app.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Team
Community Team

Welcome to the Canvas Community, mself@magnoliaheights.com! Yes, if you're referring to Edu App Center (LockDown Browser) , that app requires a subscription from Respondus. You can always navigate directly to the main site for the EduApps Center and filter the results by All Access | Open Access | Authenticated to see when an app requires a subscription--but generally speaking, when you're being asked for a key and secret, chances are there is a license cost associated with the app.

View solution in original post

Thank you!

Michelle Self, PhD

Magnolia Heights School

Science Department

mself@magnoliaheights.com

Community Coach
Community Coach

mself@magnoliaheights.com​...

We just added the Respondus LockDown Browser LTI app this past week.  stefaniesanders​ is correct that this is an application with a cost.  Once we got all the financial stuff taken care of, we were sent an e-mail with the initial setup steps that we needed to complete on our end.  Then, we needed to contact our CSM (Customer Success Manager) at Instructure so that he could complete the LockDown Browser set up in our Canvas instance...which included giving him the Consumer Key and Shared Secret.

I hope this helps!