cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Adding an mage to a quiz

Jump to solution

Adding an image in a quiz: I have uploaded the file, but when editing a quiz I am unable to add the image. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi renee.wells@det.nsw.edu.au...

Thanks again for more information.  Without being able to see your course or being able to access your school's Canvas environment (we only have access to our own environments at our own schools), it's a bit hard to troubleshoot why you wouldn't be able to add the image to your quiz question.  I guess I would check your course "Files" area (you may have to check any folders in "Files", too) to ensure that the file exists at the course level.  It may be possible that the instructor had put the image in his/her own personal "Files" area...which is accessed through the "Account" >> "Files" area of a course...and is different than course "Files".  But, I would think the file would be in course "Files".  After you've reviewed the links I provided, you could also reach out to Canvas Support to see if they could log into your course to help investigate, too.  How to contact Canvas Support

Please keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Are you using classic Quizzes [] or New Quizzes []?  What kind of question type are you creating?  Multiple Choice?  True/False?  Something else?  Is the image a part of the question itself?  Or, is it part of one of the possible answers for your question?  If you could help fill in some of these details, that would be helpful.  Thanks!

I'm creating a quiz, I'm not sure what you mean by classic or New quizzes. The type of question is irrelevant, as the problem exists with various types of questions, including multiple choice, true/false and fill in the blanks. I'm trying to add an image. I have tried to add a PNG and a JPEG. I then tried to add a JPEG which someone else has successfully used in the same course in a quiz that they created a few weeks ago.

I am new to this course (school, actually) and I am wondering if my account needs some setting adjustments, but i am not certain about this and I'm not sure what the adjustment is, if I need to be specific in my request to have my settings adjusted.

Should have also said that it is in the actual question, not as an answer, that I am having the problem.

Hi there, renee.wells@det.nsw.edu.au...

Thank you for the additional information.  The reason I provided you the two links to the video tutorials for classic Quizzes and New Quizzes was so that you could review them to determine which quizzing interface you are currently using.  The interfaces are different, and depending on which kind of quiz you are using, the instructions might be a bit different.  If the image already exists in the course (most likely within the "Files" area of the course), then that is a good thing.  It has nothing to do with your account needing any adjustments.  As long as the image exists in course "Files", then you should be able to use it within most parts of your quiz.

When you are building your quiz questions, if you have access to the RCE (Rich Content Editor), then you can use these Guides to help you insert the image into the question.  (This is another instance where there are two different RCEs at the moment...but check the video tutorial's I've linked below to see which one you are using.)

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Renee.  Sing out if you have more questions...thanks!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I will look at the videos.

Essentially, my confusion comes from two aspects:

Firstly, I am attempting to do exactly the same thing that I have done numerous times at my previous school. I'm unsure of why I can't do it at this school.

Secondly, I'm attempting to do exactly the same thing that another teacher has already done, in the same course, with the same image. I'm unsure of why I can't do what has already been done.

Thanks again for more information.  Without being able to see your course or being able to access your school's Canvas environment (we only have access to our own environments at our own schools), it's a bit hard to troubleshoot why you wouldn't be able to add the image to your quiz question.  I guess I would check your course "Files" area (you may have to check any folders in "Files", too) to ensure that the file exists at the course level.  It may be possible that the instructor had put the image in his/her own personal "Files" area...which is accessed through the "Account" >> "Files" area of a course...and is different than course "Files".  But, I would think the file would be in course "Files".  After you've reviewed the links I provided, you could also reach out to Canvas Support to see if they could log into your course to help investigate, too.  How to contact Canvas Support

Please keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos