Adding an ungraded survey in Mastery Paths

Jump to solution
julia4
Community Explorer

I want to gather feedback from learners about one of our eLearnings so have set up an ungraded survey. I assumed I would be able to add this to a Mastery Path which we haven't used before, and then discovered that as it's an ungraded survey, this isn't possible to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can assign an ungraded survey to gather feedback from learners, conditional upon them completing the previous eLearning assignment?

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello, I could be totally missing what your goal is here but am interpreting it based on your second paragraph, that students would complete some sort of eLearning activity and THEN be assigned the survey.  A mastery path does have to have a quiz to set the path as the score for the quiz determines the path.  Ungraded survey's do not have correct answers and therefore can not determine a path.  It also sounds like this is reverse from how you want the content delivered as the survey would come prior to the eLearning activity (again, I am interpreting your question correctly).

So in this case I would use the requirements/prerequisites in modules.  Here is a Canvas page on how to use those:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13134-415261967 

Hope that helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes