cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tladd
Community Member

Adding extra credit assignments with weighted groups

Jump to solution

Adding extra credit in weighted groups. I followed the instructions and created an extra credit group with an assignment (5 points). I created a weight for the group (0.5%) so my total is now 100.5%. However the percentage scores of students sho did not score extra credit has gone down. So it does not seem to behave as described in the documentation. How do I distinguish an extra credit group from a normal group.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @tladd , in the near-term, you can fix this by changing the weight on the Extra Credit assignment group to 0%; then, at the end of the course and after you've entered grades for everything else, change the weighting to the desired percentage as described in Extra credit using weighted assignment groups.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @tladd , in the near-term, you can fix this by changing the weight on the Extra Credit assignment group to 0%; then, at the end of the course and after you've entered grades for everything else, change the weighting to the desired percentage as described in Extra credit using weighted assignment groups.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
tladd
Community Member

Hi Stefanie

Thanks for the reply. I had all the components included but I do not have a score for the tests section yet (midterm this week). It would be useful to have that point in the main documentation https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9940-415278195 

This is what you find from Google "extra credit canvas" so it will be the place most people go.

Tony

@tladd , I will mention this to our Doc Team, and it would be very helpful if you would also post your request for adding clarification to the lesson in the comments section directly under the lesson itself. Thanks!

tladd
Community Member

Stefanie

Do you have a link to the main page. What I found was a discussion

thread, but I am not sure if it was the main page.

Thanks

Tony

@tladd , you can post your request for a change to the document in the comments section under How do I give extra credit in a course?