Adding module to my published course

Jump to solution
cburns24
Community Member

In my published course that has been going on for a few weeks, I want to add a new module and when I go to publish this it say, "You have changed the progression requirements for an active course. There may be students who have already progressed to this module and to others that depend on it. Would you like to let students continue in the course or do you want to re-lock these modules until the new requirements are completed?" What does this mean and would it affect my other modules in the course?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @cburns24 

What this means is that you have set completion requirements and module pre-requisites for your existing modules, and that your new module may affect those requirements and pre-requisites. So for example, Modules 3 has completion requirements, and Module 4 is set to require completion of Module 3 before students can continue to Module 4. If you insert a new module between those two, then you will need to change your pre-requisites for Module 4.

So really, the choice is yours - you can review your module requirements, and modify as necessary and simply add the new module, or you can lock everybody where they currently are until you have made the changes needed. I would not use the last option, because it can confuse some of your students. Typically, I just work through the error message, then adjust the module requirements to fit it in.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes