cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Adding sandbox course and its not showing up.

Hello, I am an admin for our system, I have added a sandbox course to our course list for all of my teachers (I think). How long does it take to show the course in my teacher's accounts?

I used these instructions: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10766-421455347 

I have followed the instructions from the community to add the course but it has not shown up for any of my staff members up to this point.  it has been 30 minutes since I added the course.

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @schrickg ...

It should be immediate.  For clarification, though...have you enrolled all of your teachers at your school into this course?  That is the only way they would see the course.  Also, have you considered offering a separate sandbox course for each of your teachers?  Lots of schools do this so that everyone has their own sandbox course to "play around" in and do whatever they want...including building course content that will eventually be copied into actual courses.  You might want to consider this if you're not doing it now.

I hope this will be of help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer

Hi @schrickg  Did you add your instructors to the sandbox, enroll them as teachers or students (if they aren't editing content)?  They would have to be enrolled in order to have it on their Dashboards, or enter it. By default a new course wouldn't have any enrolled users.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer

I am unable to see replies to this and other questions, so probably the first replier answered it.  This new community is going to take a bit of learning.

0 Kudos
Labels