Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Adding vertical line between columns

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using the code below to make a table and want to add a vertical line between columns.

<div class="content-box">

<div class="grid-row">

<div class="col-xs">

<div class="styleguide-section__grid-demo-element">I'm lazy</div>

</div>

<div class="col-xs">

<div class="styleguide-section__grid-demo-element">Me, too</div>

</div>

<div class="col-xs">

<div class="styleguide-section__grid-demo-element">I can't believe this works</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

I am trying to use the css here column-rule | CSS-Tricks  but it seems not working.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Chun

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

chun.li@auckland.ac.nz​,

The CSS listed on that page involves proprietary browser tags and are not supported by Canvas.  There is a list of allowed tags and attributes.

Borders are supported, but not ideal. Hopefully someone will provide an alternative for you, but it is a tricky problem and Canvas limits what you can do without editing the global CSS file.

In the meantime, there is a feature request to " modifiedtitle="true" title="Upload a custom .css file for a course, which would allow you to specify the CSS at a course level.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

chun.li@auckland.ac.nz​,

The CSS listed on that page involves proprietary browser tags and are not supported by Canvas.  There is a list of allowed tags and attributes.

Borders are supported, but not ideal. Hopefully someone will provide an alternative for you, but it is a tricky problem and Canvas limits what you can do without editing the global CSS file.

In the meantime, there is a feature request to " modifiedtitle="true" title="Upload a custom .css file for a course, which would allow you to specify the CSS at a course level.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner II

Thank you very much James.

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

chun.li@auckland.ac.nz

Here is an additional resource for you when styling within Canvas in case you were unaware.  Canvas Style Guide

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels