Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chun_li
Learner II

Adobe Captivate Drag and drop in Canvas mobile

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to use Adobe Captivate Drag and Drop in Canvas. I exported a Responsive project with a drag and drop activity in it. Then import the zip file to Canvas. I can open the index.html from desktop. But it doesn't work in Canvas App or Safari on mobile. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gouldt
Adventurer

We are working a little with Captivate and it's interactive features. The first thing we needed to do was ask the our Canvas team to enable SCORM in our Canvas Instance. They have to do it from the Instructure Canvas end. Once that is done you will have a SCORM link that you will need to add to the navigation of the course you are wanting to add the Captivate in. When you look at the navigation from the home page or modules you won't see the link. You must go into the course settings. There you will see the Scorm as an option and you can drag it up to make it usable in the course.
From the Captivate side you will need to export the lesson as a SCORM package. It exports into a zipped file.
From the Canvas side you will select the SCORM link in the navigation. There it will give you the option to upload. Find that zipped SCORM file and upload. Hopefully this works, or at least gets you started on the right path.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gouldt
Adventurer

We are working a little with Captivate and it's interactive features. The first thing we needed to do was ask the our Canvas team to enable SCORM in our Canvas Instance. They have to do it from the Instructure Canvas end. Once that is done you will have a SCORM link that you will need to add to the navigation of the course you are wanting to add the Captivate in. When you look at the navigation from the home page or modules you won't see the link. You must go into the course settings. There you will see the Scorm as an option and you can drag it up to make it usable in the course.
From the Captivate side you will need to export the lesson as a SCORM package. It exports into a zipped file.
From the Canvas side you will select the SCORM link in the navigation. There it will give you the option to upload. Find that zipped SCORM file and upload. Hopefully this works, or at least gets you started on the right path.

View solution in original post

Thank you Tracey.

I have one question about SCORM. Will the zipped file be unzipped to SCORM server or Canvas server? In other words, will the exported Captivate project be hosted on Canvas server or on SCORM Cloud?

I had a look the SCORM cloud and it costs $1,000/Mo for 3000 registrations. Do I have to pay if I use the way you suggested?

Thanks,

Chun

Chun,

We upload into Canvas. We asked our Canvas rep to enable Scorm on our instance. Now there is a Scorm option in the navigation. When you want to use it in a course you will need to add it to your visible navigation first, it's one of those that isn't visible at all until you drag it up. Once that is in the navigation you select it, and you will be invited to upload your Scorm package. Hope this helps:) Let me know if I can assist you further.

Tracey Gould

Coordinator of Instructional Design & Technology

Hutchinson Community College

Chun,

I forgot to say that no, we don't pay extra for Canvas to host the Scorm package.