cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwebster
Community Member

Adobe Captivate and Canvas Mobile

Jump to solution

I have some narrated lectures that were created in Abode Captivate. They have clickable tables of contents, but no interactivity beyond that, so no reporting options were used when they were created. I published them all as HTML5, then uploaded the .zip files to Canvas, had Canvas expand them, and then linked to the index.html files on a content page. On my computer they work fine, but if I try to use the Canvas mobile app on iOS, they don't load. I emailed Canvas support about this and they said the app doesn't support SCORM. But since there weren't any reporting options selected, they shouldn't use SCORM, right?

I don't know a ton about Captivate, so I'm hoping someone here knows better than I do.

I found one workaround where I can publish the lectures with reporting enabled and then uploading them as SCORM assignments. They work fine on the app this way (which is confusing given Canvas support saying the app doesn't support SCORM, but not all that important), but it's way too clunky to actually deploy in a course this way. We don't want students seeing assignments that are actually lectures and getting confused. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I dug through my captivate notes, and I had a note related to some problems on ipad and getting html5 stuff to start because of how Apple was doing things. Other folks were having similar issues and were discussing it on the Adobe forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4587553#4587553#4587553

From what you say, this might be a captivate / iPad issue instead of a Canvas issue. Maybe the Adobe Captivate forums could help?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
dhulsey
Adventurer

I do not have a definitive answer, but here are some things to test / consider:

Have you tried hosting the files outside of Canvas? If you can host them outside of Canvas for testing, you can see if the problem is local to the canvas app or if it is a problem with the Captivate files on the iPad in general.

You might also try using Safari or Chrome to access the Captivate files in Canvas on the iPad instead of the Canvas app.

Captivate always drove me nuts, which is why I switched to SoftChalk CLOUD, but, as I recall, doesn't Captivate have some sort of compatibility checker built in for publishing mobile friendly files and html5? You might run that and see if it provides any insight.

Depending on your time investment and level of frustration with Captivate, you might also consider building the lesson in the (free) PowerPoint add on, Office Mix​.

dwebster
Community Member

Thanks for your response! I have tried hosting outside of Canvas and they work just fine that way. I've been pushing towards just doing that, but we would prefer to have them all hosted in Canvas so teachers can easily update the lectures without having to send them to someone else to host them.

Using a browser on the iPad still gives me the same issues.

Thanks for the other options, I will definitely look into those, but I think we're pretty committed to getting Captivate to work around here.

I dug through my captivate notes, and I had a note related to some problems on ipad and getting html5 stuff to start because of how Apple was doing things. Other folks were having similar issues and were discussing it on the Adobe forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4587553#4587553#4587553

From what you say, this might be a captivate / iPad issue instead of a Canvas issue. Maybe the Adobe Captivate forums could help?

View solution in original post

danklosterman
Community Member

Sorry if I'm late to the game, but this info may be useful to someone who has this same issue.

The issue is that the Canvas mobile app strips out all CSS and Javascript for content hosted inside Canvas. This renders Captivate HTML based content  (or any CSS/JS based content) inoperable from the app, this is also why your mobile styles don't work in the app. It will work fine if you launch Canvas from a mobile browser though.

As mentioned above the best workaround for this issue is to host the Captivate content outside of Canvas and then link it into a Canvas page using an iFrame.

Hi Daniel, I am having a similar issue with content created in Storyline, however it doesn't seem to load in the app even when hosted elsewhere and embedded as an iFrame... Any ideas how can get Canvas to open it outside of the app?

Thanks, Hattie

Hi!

This is an old problem getting new. We worked around this issue in 2017 by recreating our captivates through Captivate 2017. There were no problems with Captivates uploaded into Canvas and iframed from Canvas file system for 3 semester in 2017 and 2018. 

Now after the Canvas update 6th January 2019, there is a critical problem:

When Captivate uploaded into Canvas and iframed into sites:

- It still works perfect in the browsers Chrome and Firefox (PC/Mac).

- It still works at android.

- But it is NOT working at Ipads; borh browser and app.

HOWEVER: When Captivate uploaded outside Canvas (ekstern ftp) and iframed into sites:

Captivate works everywhere, included at Ipad. 

SO: This is not a captivate – Ipad problem, as it works from outside og iframed in. It sees like it is a Canvas file system problem.

The issue is now in the support system, so let`s hope...  

loven
Community Member

I am a student using a brand new Ipad Pro to take my course. I am very disappointed that I cannot watch Captivate lectures on my Ipad. PLEASE work collaboratively with Apple to fix this issue. As students, this should be a seamless process if we are paying for this.