cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcarter1
Community Member

Align Outcomes with Individual Quiz Questions

I'm new to Canvas and am currently using the Free Teacher account to try things out.

My school uses outcomes.  I've created several outcomes and see how I can align outcomes to question banks.

My question is, can I align a specific outcome with each individual question is a quiz, rather than simply setting the outcomes that apply to the whole quiz? I see in the support forums where it appears that using Quizzes.next seems to allow you to do this.  Is this a new version of quizzes not released yet or do I not have access to this in the free account?

I'm needed to create a Pre-test type quiz that has questions addressing multiple outcomes and need to align individual outcomes to each individual quiz question.

Thanks,

Brannon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @bcarter1  Thank You for posting your question.  I have been reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I am sorry to see that you haven't received any responses to your question.  It seems like you may have stumped Community members with your question.  Have you been able to come up with any solutions on you own that you'd be willing to share back here in this topic?  While I don't have a ton of answer for you myself, I wanted to let you know that I have shared your question with a couple groups here in the Community: Free-For-Teachers and New Quizzes User Group.  Hopefully, by sharing this question with these groups, your question will get some additional exposure.  As you can see from the New Quizzes group, there is a timeline posted, but no specific date as to when it will be standard for all Canvas customers.  Also, if you are not yet following either of these groups, please use the group links that I have provided.  At the top right corner of each of these pages, you'll find two buttons.  Click on "Follow" and also "Actions" >> "Join group".  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've been able to come up with a solution for you...but more because we've not heard back from you in five months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for that same amount of time.  However, that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Brannon.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

carpenter
Learner

Hi  @bcarter831 ‌. A similar question came up on our campus just today!  So after creeping around in Community and not finding a solution for those of us not in Quizzes.next, I jumped in to give it a shot. I created a question bank containing questions with a focus on a particular outcome. When building the quiz, use +New Question Group if you wish for the questions to be randomized or use the Find Questions to drop in questions from banks with aligned outcomes. My entire quiz does not have to be aligned, only those questions that are pulled from banks. Whether randomized in a group or dropped in, it appears to provide learning mastery results for the outcome(s). Unfortunately, it may require several question banks and some careful organization of banks or one could get swallowed up by all of the banks!

Anyway, not sure that helps, but maybe something to think about. My mini trial seemed to work, so I'll jump in with faculty in January. We'll see how it goes. Wishing for luck here. Smiley Happy