cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

An error occurred posting grades for (section : 5067). HTTP Error undefined : undefined

Jump to solution

I have read numerous articles and posts on the Canvas to Power School passback feature.  My school has it enabled and I am following all directions for creating assignments in Canvas which will passback.  Both my course and my sections have SIS ID numbers in Canvas.  However every time I try to post I get the error above.  The number changes if I try posting to a different section and if I try to post to all sections, the word "section" becomes "course" with yet another number.  Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Janet!

Please ensure your assignment meets the following Requirements:

Your Assignment or Quiz CANNOT have a name longer than 30 characters.

The Assignment or Quiz MUST be assigned to the entire course or section (cannot be assigned to individual students).

Your Assignment or Quiz MUST have a due date.

That due date MUST be the same for everyone, if assigned to everyone.

The due date CAN differ if assigned to different sections (entire sections only). 

The due date CAN be extended for some students ONLY if the assignment is assigned to everyone.

The due date CAN NOT be different for each student or groups of students.

All Students MUST have SIS ID’s in Canvas for grades to post for the students.

The Course and Section MUST have PowerSchool generated SIS ID's to post

You MUST check the box in the assignment/quiz that allows the score to be passed back to the Gradebook.

If all those are following and you are still experiencing an issue please create a support ticket and we can help you troubleshoot further!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello janet.tuthill@cherokee1.org​...

I have very little knowledge of PowerSchool, so I won't be able to help answer your question.  However, I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with the Grade Pass Back group here in the Canvas Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you're not a part of that group yet, you can follow it by clicking on the link I've provided and then click on the "Follow" link at the top right corner of the page.  I hope this will be of help to you, Janet.  Good luck!

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Janet!

Please ensure your assignment meets the following Requirements:

Your Assignment or Quiz CANNOT have a name longer than 30 characters.

The Assignment or Quiz MUST be assigned to the entire course or section (cannot be assigned to individual students).

Your Assignment or Quiz MUST have a due date.

That due date MUST be the same for everyone, if assigned to everyone.

The due date CAN differ if assigned to different sections (entire sections only). 

The due date CAN be extended for some students ONLY if the assignment is assigned to everyone.

The due date CAN NOT be different for each student or groups of students.

All Students MUST have SIS ID’s in Canvas for grades to post for the students.

The Course and Section MUST have PowerSchool generated SIS ID's to post

You MUST check the box in the assignment/quiz that allows the score to be passed back to the Gradebook.

If all those are following and you are still experiencing an issue please create a support ticket and we can help you troubleshoot further!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello everyone. 

An instructor at my institution was experiencing this same error with Infinite Campus. Below is what I saw related to the grade sync reporting: 

cannot be created for section with app id blank

None of the above solutions worked. What would have solved this sooner was the clue that it was only occurring in the instructor's one course. When i went in and looked, they had created an additional section in the course that had not been generated by our SIS. This confuses Kimono as it's trying to transfer something that doesn't match up/exist in our SIS. I deleted the additional section, disabled and locked the ability for our instructors to add/delete/edit sections, and bulk submitted the passback. It worked fine. I hope that helps someone. Smiley Happy 

Labels