Analytics API - Data Query

Jump to solution
courtney_osulli
Community Participant

Hi, 

I am playing with the Analytics endpoints atm to build a student participation report and i am a bit flummoxed trying to work out what the difference between some of the values were as some were not what i was expecting based on what i see in the UI and i though who better to ask than the community.  

Take the below extract from a Student summary in a Course.

{
"id": 3718,
"page_views": 142,
"max_page_views": 249,
"page_views_level": 2,
"participations": 4,
"max_participations": 8,
"participations_level": 3,
"tardiness_breakdown": {
"missing": 3,
"late": 1,
"on_time": 0,
"floating": 5,
"total": 9
}
}

I was wondering what the difference was between max_page_view and page_views?

And what the Page Views Level was ? It looks like it might be a ratio as 142/249 is around 0.57. So 2 would be 50%?

Would this be this students view's versus the rest of the course? What is the level based on?

Same with Participants. What is the difference between Participations and Max Particpations? 

Tardiness makes sense so far but curious what floating are? Assuming they are assignments that aren't due yet? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Cheers 

Courtney O'Sullivan

1 Solution
bmerkel
Community Contributor

And what the Page Views Level was ? It looks like it might be a ratio as 142/249 is around 0.57. So 2 would be 50%?

Would this be this students view's versus the rest of the course? What is the level based on?

Same with Participants. What is the difference between Participations and Max Particpations? 

Tardiness makes sense so far but curious what floating are? Assuming they are assignments that aren't due yet? 

Floating assignments, you're correct, they are assignments that have due dates in the future.. or (I think) don't have a due date.

For Participations vs Max Participations  and  Page Views vs Max Page Views, the Participations/Page Views are those for that particular user and the Max is the most anyone has in that class.

They include that so you can do some simple ranking on an individual without having to pull and calculate the entire course roster.

View solution in original post