Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Analytics and guidance for staff

Hi

user analytics‌ #data analytics

Since going live in September we have had enquiries from staff about how to use the analytics within Canvas, what they mean and what to do with the information.

Does anyone with experience of using Canvas at their institution have any idea to share with regards any documentation and guidance, maybe even policy that they have produced for staff, which clarifies how to use the  Analytics services within Canvas?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, p.b.rothwell@ljmu.ac.uka belated Welcome to our Find Answers and Community. Smiley Happy 

Here are a few of the many resources on Analytics. 

Not to mention the fabulous Priority: Analytics 2 space where you can see what's been completed, whats on the road map and how to participate in important conversations around what's coming up!

As far as implementation, our school doesn't rely all of our data on these pieces of info. Keep in mind if a student access Canvas from a Mobile based Browsing engine such as Safari or Chrome, those page views may not give accurate data. That's why it's mostly there, but not all the way there. My suggestion would be to use them as a guideline, but don't make definite decisions on something unless you look directly at the student gradebook grades, interactions and notes on a student. They're used as a tool, not a black and white test. I think the Analytics are going to continue to improve drastically, but for now, they're really nice to have. 

If you're institution is looking deeper into it, they may be wanting to look at Retention Software, that's what we ended up coming to!

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

p.b.rothwell@ljmu.ac.uk,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels