cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotating unsupported formats in SpeedGrader

Jump to solution

I had a student submit their work in an unsupported format (.HEIC). I'm able to convert these to a usable format on my computer, but I'd like to use the annotation tools in SpeedGrader to give feedback. Is there any way to replace the student's submitted files with usable versions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

nicholas.matteo@colorado.edu,

Currently, this is not possible.  The student would have to re-upload the assignment document.

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

nicholas.matteo@colorado.edu,

Currently, this is not possible.  The student would have to re-upload the assignment document.

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks for letting me know. I ended up emailing the converted jpegs to the students and asked them to resubmit them.

Surveyor II

A better solution is to ask the students to change the settings on their iPhone.  Unless they are some sort of camera buff, they probably don't care about the file type for their pictures.

Give them these instructions:

Through the iOS settings app. Scroll down to "Camera," tap "Formats" and pick "most compatible" for JPEG instead of "high efficiency" for HEIC.

If they are transfering to their PC or to Google drive or elsewhere before uploading, Apple Photos also can be configured to convert HEIC into JPEGs. Tap "Photos" in the iOS settings app, find the "Transfer to Mac or PC" section, then choose "automatic."