Jump to solution

Can students annotate a PDF in Canvas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@adria_merritt  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Yes, students using the Canvas Student app can annotate PDFs provided by their teachers. Instructions for students are in How do I submit a PDF assignment with annotations in the Student app on my iOS device? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@adria_merritt  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Yes, students using the Canvas Student app can annotate PDFs provided by their teachers. Instructions for students are in How do I submit a PDF assignment with annotations in the Student app on my iOS device? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Are students able to do that on a laptop or Chromebook? When I go into "student view" I don't have the same tools for annotating that are shown on that how-to page. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Will this option be available for the web browser version of Canvas any time soon? Our students (elementary) will have dell computers and I can not figure out a way to upload PDFs for the to annotate and submit back to me within the web browser version of Canvas. Please help. Thanks! @Stefanie 

Tags (2)

@jburgess 

As progress occurs, it will be posted to Student PDF Annotations on Web Browser Version , so please subscribe to that conversation to stay on top of developments.